BA in Criminology and Criminal Justice
The Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice (CRCJ) at UTA is home to one of the largest undergraduate programs in Texas. The B.A. in Criminology and Criminal Justice degree program at UTA Fort Worth is intended for students that are either core complete or nearing completion. This hybrid program offers maximum flexibility to working professionals and those who are balancing busy schedules. Students will benefit from taking both face-to-face and online classes.
Although the sequence of classroom-based courses is predetermined, students are able to select online elective courses based on availability and preferences. This format allows students to complete their degree in just 2 years if core complete. Students are taught by a diverse faculty that includes strong scholars, teachers, and practitioners who provide a balance of instruction between theory, research, and practice.
With a Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice, you can work providing services in:
|– Law Enforcement||– Homeland Security|
|– Probation and Parole||– Juvenile Justice|
|– Court Systems||– Legal Services|
|– Corporate Security||– Loss Prevention/Asset Protection|
B.A. in CRCJ Hybrid Completion Program Benefits:
- Complete your Bachelor’s degree in just 2 years (additional coursework may be required based on transfer credit)
- Consistent daytime schedule for face-to-face classes and a wide range of electives available online
- Smaller, more intimate classes that support collaboration and networking
- Internship practicums available to provide opportunities to connect academic experiences to practical situations
- Student organizations include The Society of Criminal Justice Students (SCJS) and Alpha Phi Sigma (APS), the Criminal Justice Honor Society
- Conveniently located near public transportation in Downtown Fort Worth