Learn all about UTA Fort Worth, its resources, campus and more in the Faculty Handbook. The ultimate guide to help you prepare for teaching at UTA Fort Worth.
Welcome to UTA Fort Worth. In an effort to help you prepare for your class, we have provided information regarding campus resources, policies and procedures. Please make sure you share any relevant information with your students.
UTA Fort Worth is located at 1401 Jones Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Directions and Maps).
Please visit the UTA website at www.uta.edu or the UTA Fort Worth website at www.uta.edu/fortworth regarding building closures and inclement weather updates. You may also call 1-866-258-4913, as well as monitor conditions and weather reports broadcasted via television and/or radio.
Access & Resources
Your UTA I.D. card will give you access to the UTA Fort Worth classrooms, library, exercise room, second floor and front door.
There are four cubicle spaces and two private offices for your use on the second floor. Each is equipped with a computer and printing capabilities. There are a few supplies in the faculty offices for your use as well. If you need anything else, please contact your program advisor and/or department.
UTA Fort Worth classrooms are equipped with the following technology:
All classrooms (111-121)
21” Interactive Desktop Monitor
Projector and Screen
Promethean 87” Interactive Smartboard
21” Interactive Desktop Monitor
2 Projectors/Screens (Ceiling Integrated)
2 Plasma Monitors (Back of Room)
Projector and Screen
Wall Connections for Laptop (Laptop not provided)
All classroom computers are imaged the same as main campus classroom computers and have the same standard software. If additional software is required for your class, contact us at email@example.com. Please provide as much lead time as possible, so we can do our best to accommodate your request prior to the start of your class.
All classrooms, with the exception of 202A, are equipped with the Echo360 Lecture Capture System. This system records images from the classroom projector (desktop, laptop, or document camera), images from a camera that is focused on the desk at the front of the room, and audio from a microphone located at the front of the room. To schedule a recording of your class, either for the entire semester or for select class meetings, please send a request to Don Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-272-3296. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or need additional assistance.
Training & Support
If needed, UTA Fort Worth will provide tech support your first night of class to assist and instruct you on the proper usage of classroom equipment and technology. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule. If you are scheduled in room 122 for the first time or need equipment instructions, please contact us at the email above or by calling 817-272-5988 to schedule training prior to your first class.
Onsite staff and/or student tech support and assistance are available until 9:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday, Friday until 5:00 p.m. (Friday schedules may vary), and from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. Support staff is located at the front information desk next to the security guard.
If you cannot locate anyone or if you have technical problems after these hours please contact Megan Topham at 817-946-9095.
If you need to arrange for additional instructional media or if you have equipment or software questions/problems, please contact Josh Young at 817-272-0352 or email email@example.com.
The Library, located on the first floor, is equipped with a copier, scanner, fax machine, printers, and computers (PC and Mac) for use by you and your students. If additional software is required for your class, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide as much lead time as possible, so we can do our best to accommodate your request prior to the start of your class.
Hours of operation run from 7:30 am to 10:30 pm Monday thru Saturday. Instructors of record and students enrolled in classes at UTA Fort Worth will gain access to the Library by swiping their Mav I.D. card. Please advise your students to follow Library Rules and Procedures.
The Maverick Market is located on the second floor across from the elevator. The Market is stocked with a variety of snacks, drinks, office supplies, UTA Fort Worth and Fort Worth Alumni gear. The Market is open from 8:30 am to 9:00 pm Monday thru Thursday, 8:30 am to 3:00 pm on Friday, and 8:00 am to 12:00 pm on Saturday.
UTA Fort Worth has an Exercise Room two doors down from the Maverick Market. This room is equipped with 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and a multi-station weight machine; as well as a shower. The Exercise Room is open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m., Saturday from 7:30 a.m. until 7:00 p.m., and closed Sunday. Instructors of record and students enrolled in classes at UTA Fort Worth will gain access by swiping their Mav I.D. card and entering their 5-digit pin number, which can be found at www.uta.edu/selfservice.
A Recycling Center, located behind the elevator on the first floor, is available for the following materials: papers, plastics, aluminum, batteries, light bulbs, and small electronics. UTA Fort Worth is committed to the use of recycled, compostable, and/or organic office, janitorial, and event supplies; as well as the use of 100% post-consumer waste paper and soy ink on our stationary and promotional print pieces.
Security and Parking
Security is on site Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and is available to escort you and your students to your vehicles, as well as for any emergencies that arise. The guard is required to make rounds, so there may be times they are not at their desk. If you need immediate assistance, please ring the doorbell on the 2nd floor next to the Maverick Market. Additionally, the building is monitored 24 hours a day.
A UTA Parking Permit is required for faculty and staff to park at UTA Fort Worth. Permits can be purchased online through your MAVPark account. View the UTA Fort Worth parking map to locate designated Faculty/Staff parking spaces.
- Please inform your students that all University correspondence will be directed to their UTA student email address. Additional information can be found at http://www.uta.edu/oit/eos/email/faq.php.
- It is your responsibility to inform your students that their course evaluation form will be sent to their MavMail account at the end of the course. Please encourage them to submit the form by the last day of class. It is highly encouraged that you allot time during your last class to allow students to fill out and submit course evaluations.
- Please familiarize yourself with the contents of The University’s Standards of Conduct Guide (the Guide).
- Students were informed of UTA Fort Worth policies, procedures, and practices at new student orientation. This information is available online via the Student Handbook.
- Any comments, questions, or concerns regarding your course at UTA Fort Worth should be transmitted through your program advisor and/or department contact.
- Being a historic building, our classroom temperatures can fluctuate, especially given the Texas climate. The system works best with minor 1-2 degree adjustments and can take up to 45 minutes to an hour to regulate. If the majority of the students in the classroom are experiencing discomfort, the staff at UTA Fort Worth asks that you, the instructor, notify our front desk student associate to request a temperature adjustment (available until 8:00 p.m.).
MavAlert Emergency Notification System
MavAlert keeps the University community informed in the event of a campus emergency by sending early warning text and voice messages to phones, email accounts, and other registered communications devices. Students, faculty, and staff should update their emergency contact information through MyMav. YOU MUST ENTER A MOBILE PHONE NUMBER in your online MyMav record and label it “Mobile” to enable MavAlert emergency notifications via text message.
1. Log in to uta.edu/mymav with your regular network ID and password.
2. Click on “Sign up for MavAlerts” in the far right column.
3. Click on the green “Add a phone number” button.
4. Pull the drop down menu under Phone Type to label the number “Mobile.”
5. Click “Save” to save your mobile phone and enable it for text messaging.
Please note: MavAlert emergency notifications are sent to all uta.edu email addresses.
You can also sign up here for the UTA Fort Worth E-Mail List to stay current on the latest events and notifications.