Application Procedures – BBA

Undergraduate Transfer Admission to UTA

1. Complete the online application
You will need to apply using the ApplyTexas online application. Create your profile on the ApplyTexas website to get a username and password. APPLY TEXAS

  • Select “Create a New 4 Year University Undergraduate Admissions Application.”
  • Select The University of Texas at Arlington as the target university and “Transfer/Transient/Readmit” as the application type.
  • Complete Part I of the application. Part II and the essays are optional.

2. Pay your application fee
The application fee is $75. You can pay it with a credit card on the ApplyTexas application. If you do not pay the application fee through ApplyTexas, you can pay by credit card over the phone at 817-272-MAVS or by check or money order in person or through the mail.

3. Submit your transcripts, test scores, and documents
Once you’ve applied for admission, we’ll need you to submit your transcripts and other official documents to the Office of Admissions.

  • Submit your official college transcript(s) from all colleges and universities you’ve attended. The best and fastest method is electronically–sent directly from your college(s). However, UTA Office of Admissions will also accept transcripts by mail or in person. Transcripts older than 6 months will not be accepted.
  • If you have not earned 24 transferable college hours, you must also submit:
    • Your official high school transcript from your high school.
    • Your SAT or ACT scores.
  • Note about transferring credit: Shortly after you’ve been admitted to the University, your transfer credits will be evaluated and posted to your MyMav Student Center.

4. Contact a BBA Advisor
If you are not ready to apply for admission but have general questions, you are encouraged to email for assistance.

Frequently asked questions:

When do I meet with my advisor?
Transfer students with at least 24 credit hours should schedule an appointment with a business advisor before attending New Maverick Orientation.

What should I bring to the appointment?
You should always come prepared to any appointment with the following:
•  pen and paper
•  a list of questions
•  an idea of your major and career goals (even if undecided)
•  transcripts with any new course information

I am a transfer student. What courses will the College of Business accept?
The University of Texas at Arlington’s Admissions Office provides a Transfer Equivalency Guide for students transferring from Texas Colleges and Universities.

Students transferring courses from Tarrant County College or Dallas County Community Colleges can find specific degree plan information regarding the College of Business.

Students transferring courses from other Colleges and Universities can use the Transfer Evaluation System to determine course equivalencies accepted by the University of Texas at Arlington. The College of Business will then determine which of these courses will satisfy a specific requirement for a business degree.

Where can I find additional tools and resources?


Wheelchair basketball

Team USA takes on Team Japan, Team Spain in wheelchair basketball tournament at UTA ......

Water plans

UTA flood researcher to analyze drainage in southeast Texas, propose recommendations for future flood prevention ......