- 41 or 64 hours of coursework
- Cohort, team-based approach
- Can be completed in as little as 14 or 24 months
- Accelerated 5 & 8-week class sessions
- Affordable tuition
- Fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Part of the nationally-ranked UTA School of Social Work
- Convenient downtown Fort Worth location
- Limited time commitment; just 2 class meetings per week
- 41-hour or 64-hour MSW program offered at UT Arlington Fort Worth location
- One course at a time, primarily scheduled in 8-week sessions
- Classes meet two evenings per week with the exception of the intercession courses
- Program can be completed in 14 months (Advanced Standing students start in the summer) or 24 months (Traditional students start in the fall semester)
- Includes field practicum (advanced field is focused on Direct Practice with Children and Families)
- Cohort based (curriculum is predetermined and students remain together throughout the program)
Admission to the Fort Worth Cohort to start matriculation in the fall semester is limited to students that do not have a degree in social work or do not qualify for advanced standing.
Students with a degree in social work that do qualify for advanced standing can apply to the Fort Worth Cohort program to start matriculation in the summer semesters (when advanced coursework begins).
APPLY IN 2 EASY STEPS
- Submit your application at applytexas.org and pay the application fee.
- Submit official or unofficial transcripts of all higher education institutions attended to the UTA Office of Admissions, Records and Registration for GPA evaluation. For information on submitting transcripts, go to the following webpage: https://www.uta.edu/admissions/apply/submitting-transcripts.
Yes – it is that simple! **
UTA Graduate Admissions office will calculate your GPA based on transcripts submitted. With a 3.0 or better GPA in approximately your last 60 university-level undergraduate credit hours, you can qualify for quick admission and be admitted to our MSW program.
You will be notified if your GPA is calculated to be less than 3.0 in approximately your last 60 university-level undergraduate hours and some additional documentation may be requested such as letters of recommendation and completing a narrative. However, all applicants should first complete the two-step process and wait for the determination.
The GRE is currently not required for admission to the MSW program.
We DO NOT have application deadlines. UTA has priority application dates and will accept applications after these dates. However, applying early (by the priority date) gives you the best opportunity to be admitted early enough to later be eligible to apply for scholarships, grants, fellowships and assistantships.
International Applicants will need to contact the Office of International Education (OIE) or visit this website https://www.uta.edu/oie as the fee structure, deadlines and orientation dates vary from those of domestic applicants. For additional admissions information click the dropdown link below. However, again all MSW applicants should first complete the two-step process: (1) Apply and pay the application fee and (2) submit your transcripts for the quick admissions decision and you will be notified if you need to provide any of the above information.
More Admissions Information Here