Welcome to the UT Arlington/Fort Worth Center. In an effort to help you prepare for your class, we have provided information regarding Center resources, policies and procedures. Please make sure you share any relevant information with your students.
The Fort Worth Center is located at 1401 Jones Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Directions and Maps).
Please visit the UT Arlington website at www.uta.edu regarding building closures and inclement weather updates. You may also call 1-866-258-4913, as well as monitor conditions and weather reports broadcasted via television and/or radio.
Access & Resources
Your UT Arlington I.D. card will give you access to the Fort Worth Center classrooms, library, exercise room, and the front door.
There are four cubicle spaces and two private offices for faculty use on the second floor. Each is equipped with a computer and printing capabilities. There are a few supplies in the faculty offices for your use. If you need anything else, please contact your program advisor.
Additional tech support information is available on our Technology page, such as help with NetID login issues or UTA Wi-fi setup.
The Fort Worth Center classrooms are equipped with the following technology:
All classrooms (111-121)
21” Interactive Desktop Monitor
Projector and Screen
Promethean 87” Interactive Smartboard
21” Interactive Desktop Monitor
2 Projectors/Screens (Ceiling Integrated)
2 Plasma Monitors (Back of Room)
Projector and Screen
Wall Connections for Laptop (Laptop not provided)
All classrooms, with the exception of 202A, are equipped with the Echo360 Lecture Capture System. This system records images from the classroom projector (desktop, laptop, or document camera), images from a camera that is focused on the desk at the front of the room, and audio from a microphone located at the front of the room. To schedule your semester class for recording please send a request to Don Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-272-3296. If you need an individual class recorded or have questions regarding the Echo360 Lecture Capture System you may contact Don Lane, or email email@example.com.
Training & Support
If needed, the Fort Worth Center will provide staff support your first night of class to instruct you on the proper usage of classroom equipment and technology. To schedule, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are scheduled in room 122 and need equipment instructions, please contact 817-272-0352 or email email@example.com to schedule training prior to your first class.
Staff support is onsite for your assistance until 8:00 p.m. Monday thru Thursday, Friday until 6:00 p.m., and from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. on Saturday. Support staff is located at the front information desk next to the security guard.
If you cannot locate anyone or if you have technical problems after these hours please contact Wryan O’Neal at 817-819-1418 or Megan Topham at 817-946-9095.
If you need to arrange for additional instructional media or if you have equipment or software questions/problems, please contact 817-272-0352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Library, located on the first floor, is equipped with a copier, scanner, fax machine, printers, and computers for use by you and your students.
Hours of operation run from 7:30am to 10:30pm Monday – Saturday. Instructors of record and students enrolled in classes at the Center will gain access to the Library by swiping their Mav I.D. card. Please advise your students to follow Library Rules and Procedures.
The Maverick Market is located on the second floor across from the elevator. The Market is stocked with a variety of snacks, drinks, office supplies, Fort Worth Center and Fort Worth Alumni gear. The Market is open from 8:30am to 8:00pm Monday – Thursday, 8:30am to 3:00pm on Friday, and 8:00am to 12:00pm on Saturday.
Online Maverick Market
Purchase UTA Fort Worth Center apparel and accessories in our online store! Now you can order your Fort Worth Maverick gear all year around and have it delivered right to your doorstep.
The Center has an Exercise Room two doors down from the Market on the right. This room is equipped with 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and a multi-station weight machine; as well as a shower. The Exercise Room is open Monday-Friday from 7:30 am – 10:30 pm, Saturday from 7:30 am – 7:00 pm, and closed Sunday. Instructors of record and students enrolled in classes at the Center will gain access by swiping their Mav ID card and entering their 5-digit pin number, which can be found at www.uta.edu/selfservice.
A Recycling Center is located behind the elevator for papers, plastics, aluminum, batteries, light bulbs, and small electronics. The use of recycled, compostable, and/or organic office, janitorial, and event supplies. The use of 100% post-consumer waste paper and soy ink on our stationary and promotional print pieces.
Security is onsite Monday through Saturday 7:00 am to 10:30 pm and available to escort students and faculty to their vehicles and for any emergencies that arise. The guard is required to make rounds so there may be times they are not at their desk. If you need immediate assistance, please ring the doorbell on the 2nd floor next to the Maverick Market. Additionally, the building is monitored 24 hours a day.
A UT Arlington Parking decal is required for Faculty and Staff to park at the Fort Worth Center. Permits can be purchased online through My Mav or at the UTA Parking Office located at 1225 W. Mitchell St. (J.D. Wetsel Building) Arlington, TX 76013. (817-272-3907). View the Fort Worth Center parking map to locate designated Faculty/Staff parking spaces.
Additionally, the Fort Worth Center has a reciprocal parking agreement with Texas A&M University School of Law. Fort Worth Center students and faculty are allowed to use the fenced lots across the street. To take advantage of this opportunity, please contact Chris Graves at email@example.com to obtain the necessary Fort Worth Center hangtag.
• Please inform your students that all University correspondence will be directed to their UT Arlington student email address. Additional information can be found at http://www.uta.edu/oit/eos/email/faq.php.
• It is your responsibility to inform your students that their course evaluation form will be sent to their MavMail account at the end of the course. Please encourage them to submit the form by the last day of class. It is highly encouraged that you allot time during your last class to allow students to fill out and submit course evaluations.
• The University’s Standards of Conduct Guide (the Guide) can be accessed at http://www.uta.edu/compliance/pdf/conduct_guide.pdf. Please access the Guide and familiarize yourself with the contents.
• Students were informed of UT Arlington Fort Worth Center policies, procedures and practices at new student orientation. This information can be reviewed at http://www.uta.edu/fortworth/servives/student-handbook/.
• Any comments, questions, or concerns regarding your course at the Fort Worth Center should be transmitted through your program advisor.
• Being a historic building, our classroom temperatures can fluctuate, especially given the Texas climate. The system works best with minor 1-2 degree adjustments and can take up to 45 minutes to an hour to regulate. If the majority of the students in the classroom are experiencing discomfort, the Fort Worth Center staff asks that the instructor notify our front desk student associate to request a temperature adjustment (available until 8:00pm).
MavAlert keeps the University community informed in the event of a campus emergency by sending early warning text and voice messages to phones, email accounts, and other registered communications devices. Students, faculty, and staff should update their emergency contact information through MyMav. YOU MUST ENTER A MOBILE PHONE NUMBER in your online MyMav record and label it “Mobile” to enable MavAlert emergency notifications via text message.
1. Log in to uta.edu/mymav with your regular network ID and password.
2. Click on “Sign up for MavAlerts” in the far right column.
3. Click on the green “Add a phone number” button.
4. Pull the drop down menu under Phone Type to label the number “Mobile.”
5. Click “Save” to save your mobile phone and enable it for text messaging.
Please note: MavAlert emergency notifications are sent to all uta.edu email addresses.
You can also sign up here for the Fort Worth Center E-Mail List to stay current on the latest events and notifications.
Faculty Handbook PDF Download